Naomi is a fashion embellishment designer currently studying for a PhD at the London College of Fashion, UAL, researching; How can embellishment deliver an alternative to the decorative and seductive notion of exotic animal materials?
Her work explores the potential of integrating alternative materials and processes, which include ethical textiles and bio-materials, with aesthetic appeal at the core of her work.
Her PhD profile can be found here
The homepage of this site is currently acting as a diary of her work-in-progress
Prior to commencing her PhD studies, Naomi worked across; research & development for large corporate brands, various creative projects and commissions, and gained business start-up experience for an individual venture and as part of a group materials start-up based at Makerversity, Somerset House.
Her previous education includes a BA in Fashion Design Womenswear from Central Saint Martins, graduating in 2012 with a collection based on biodegradable embellishment, sponsored by Swarovski Elements.
Other awards include:
- AER 2017 Residency with LABVERDE in the Amazon Rainforest, Brazil
- Recipient of the V&A / London College of Fashion, Artscom PhD Award 2015-2018
- Climate-KIC Business Greenhouse: funding & start-up support 2014-2015
- Futures for Women Studentship 2013
- Recipient of the Burberry Design Scholarship 2013-2015
- Finalist in the Re-Act Sustainable Fashion competition 2012
- Pre-selected for the Bio-art and Design Award 2012